Feds Seek to Jail Rhode Island Man Who Threatened Trump, AG Bondi, and White House Official

Jessica Bowling

November 28, 2025

2
Min Read

On This Post

Federal prosecutors in Rhode Island are pushing to detain Carl D. Montague, a 37-year-old accused of threatening President Donald Trump and high-profile administration officials, citing ongoing risk to the community and the intended targets of his threats.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Dulce Donovan requested a federal arrest warrant, claiming Montague repeatedly violated his pretrial release conditions. Montague was first arrested on July 9 for making threats against the president, making interstate threats, and threatening U.S. officials with intent to impede their duties.

According to Law&Crime, Montague allegedly posted on Truth Social on June 27 under the username “tacoustic” that he intended to kill Trump, Attorney General Pam Bondi, and White House Deputy Chief of Staff Stephen Miller. The post reportedly read:

“It’s a shame you won’t get to see the end of your f—ing term, because I’m gonna make sure I put a bullet [right] between your f—ing head you piece of s—, you, Pam Bondi. Stephen f—ing miller, all you b—s are gonna get a f—ing bullet to the head every single f—ing one of you.”

Investigators traced the username to a Gmail account in Providence, Rhode Island, and with Google’s help identified Montague through an associated IP address. Agents later found him hiding in a bathtub in his apartment.

According to an affidavit, Montague admitted to posting the threats, claiming he had been smoking marijuana at the time. He said he deleted his Truth Social account after posting, expressed general political frustration, and had no specific motive for targeting Miller or Bondi beyond seeing their names in other posts.

Montague initially appeared in court on July 9 and was released on a $10,000 unsecured bond. Conditions included wearing a GPS monitor, staying in his apartment from 8 p.m. to 7 a.m., abstaining from alcohol, and seeking employment.

Prosecutors allege in a Nov. 25 filing that Montague violated his release four times by drinking and failed to seek employment. On Nov. 21, he reportedly called the location monitoring line after hours, admitted to drinking, said he would self-report for treatment, and used profane language toward the U.S. Probation Office.

This article has been carefully fact-checked by our editorial team to ensure accuracy and eliminate any misleading information. We are committed to maintaining the highest standards of integrity in our content.

Leave a Comment

Related Post